Meet Donna

Hi sweet girl,

         It's been awhile since I've written, school and wedding planning has taken over your momma's life.  But this post isn't going to be about either.  It isn't going to be what's become typical of my posts for you where I attempt to pass on whatever type of wisdom I feel I've accumulated by that point in time.  Instead, I want to tell you about someone who has been a very important person in my life and especially your grandma's.  Donna Lagunas is one of your grandma's very best friends.  They've known each other since before they had children and got to experience the beginning stages of motherhood together.  Oh, Isabella, I wish you could have seen the way Donna loved.  She has taken care of her own mother for quite some time now and still manages to be a huge part of her grandchildren's lives.  When your Aunt Michelle died, she was right there for Grandma and helped take care of all of us.  She fought and beat breast cancer with so much courage.  And when your grandma was diagnosed with skin cancer a month after you were born, Donna drove to Hutch immediately and stayed to help then, too.  I have never been so scared in my life and Donna helped me function while we took care of Grandma.  Just like with your grandmas, Donna's children and grandchildren were her pride and joy.  I am so glad she got to hold you the last time she was here in town.  She was so tickled to see how much you looked like me!  I am sorry if this post seems like I am just rambling, Bella girl.  Donna is preparing to meet Aunt Michelle any time now and I am just having a really hard time with that.  I want to make sure that you know about Donna and what a huge role she was in the lives of your mom, aunts and uncles, and most especially your grandma.  I promise we will all tell you stories about her as you grow up because she will be greatly missed.  Isabella if you ever find yourself questioning God's plan, know that it is perfectly okay to do so.  It's okay to not understand and to hurt but always remember that God knows exactly what He's doing.  I love you so much baby girl.

Love,
Mom

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss but how lucky your family was to have this woman in your lives. This brought me to tears, Bella is SO lucky to have this to be able to read later in her life :) Your such a great momma!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage

Change