Too Cool

Hello lovey girl!

I wanted get in another post before things get crazy with this semester starting and your dad and I's wedding fast approaching (all the more reason to have the marriage BEFORE the baby carriage).  You are growing SO fast, sweet girl.  You are currently 27 inches and 19lbs 12oz and you're only six months!  You are such an observer whenever we take you anywhere; at home you're such a goof, cracking yourself up all the time.  And that, my love, is what I wanna talk to you about in this post tonight.

Isabella, I hope that you are never too cool for anything.  So many kids (and sadly, adults) worry so much about what other people will think or say, they sacrifice their own happiness to look "cool" in front of their peers.  It took me 23 years to figure out that cool is relative.  Different people think different things are cool and you, girlfriend, get to decide what you think is cool.  If getting involved in school plays is cool to you, then do it.  If playing traveling sports is cool to you, then do that.  Whatever you're interested in, pursue it aggressively.  I want you to know that it is so much better to be passionate about things as opposed to acting nonchalant towards everything.  I will do everything I can to help you find and nurture your passions, B. I promise.

And on a lighter note, baby girl, don't ever outgrow being goofy.  I know you'll go through stages where fitting in will rank top on your priority list, but I will tell you this.  Whenever my friends and I reminisce on our favorite memories, it's not the memories where we sat on the sidelines (metaphorically speaking) but where we didn't care what people said and just enjoyed being crazy (within reason, Isabella Michelle).  I already am 100% sure Dad and I will embarrass you.  But I hope we show you how much fun it can be to be yourself and how great a relationship can be when you find someone who embraces you for you.  I love you so much, Bella love.  I can't wait to embarrass you!

love,
your momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Donna

Marriage

Bathroom Floor